Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Nios-trdb_ltm

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi There, 

i wrote a programm in VHDL to use the TRDB_LTM-Touch Display. 

In this programm i use a RAM where i deposit the pixel-information for every alphabetic character. in next step i use a .mif data-file to implement the letter information with other informations(colour,blinkin,..) to bring the letter to the location on display. with a scroll-function i can choose between 5 different displays. 

This is realy hard work, because i must write for every display a .mif data file and this is difined for one string of letters.So when the string changes i musst write a complete new .mif-data file. (this sucks) 

Is there a possibility to implement a NIOS-VHDL Software, to write i string in C(NIOS) and bring that string with my letter information (in the RAM) to Display? 

thanks for help 

now in german: 

hallo, ich habe bis jetzt ein Programm in VHDL geschrieben, mit dem ich Buchstaben und Zahlen auf dem TRDB_LTM-Touch Display darstellen kann. dazu hab ich einen ZeichenRam in dem die pixelinformation sind und ein Programm welches mit hilfe eines Video-Rams diese Pixelinformationen abruft und auf dem Display darstellt. Um Buchstaben an einer festen Stelle zu schreiben benutze ich eine .mif Datei. In dieser ist der ASCII-Wert + blinken,farbe hinterlegt. Mit einer scroll funktion kann ich zwischen 5 Display anzeigen auswählen. 

Gibts es eine Möglichkeit so etwas auch mit NIOS zu machen? z.B. einen String in C schreiben, welcher dann auf das Display mit Hilfe des Zeichenrams (jeder Buchstabe einzeln) dargesteltl wird. 

Danke für Hilfe
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You should create a component in VHDL with an Avalon Memory Mapped Slave interface, and connect this interface to your RAM containing the letter information. An easy way to do it would be to use a double port RAM, one port for the Avalon interface and another one for your display code. The Nios software will then be able to modify the letter information through the Avalon interface.

0 Kudos