Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12421 Discussions

Nios2 FPGA based profiler Airwolf AddressTrace implementation

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello All, 

I am doing some research related to profiling and optimization of applications written for Nios 2 process using Altera FPGA. I know that gprof is available for profiling and it is a good tool to use. But I want to explore and compare other profiling and optimization tools as well. I have read some papers which have described the architecture of Airwolf and AddressTrace hardware based profilers but i have not find the implementation of these architectures anywhere for reference.  

If anybody has ever used any other good tool for optimization on nios2 please tell me. I am waiting for the replies. 

Thanks 

Amna
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

The performance counter is useful: 

https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/design-examples/intellectual-property/embedded/nios... 

--- Quote End ---  

Hello ted, 

Thanks for the reply!! 

but I want to use Airwolf and AddressTrace like non intrusive profilers. please help me finding these kind of hardware based profilers for nios 2