Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12596 Discussions

Nios2 FPGA based profiler Airwolf AddressTrace implementation

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello All, 

I am doing some research related to profiling and optimization of applications written for Nios 2 process using Altera FPGA. I know that gprof is available for profiling and it is a good tool to use. But I want to explore and compare other profiling and optimization tools as well. I have read some papers which have described the architecture of Airwolf and AddressTrace hardware based profilers but i have not find the implementation of these architectures anywhere for reference.  

If anybody has ever used any other good tool for optimization on nios2 please tell me. I am waiting for the replies. 

Thanks 

Amna
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

The performance counter is useful: 

https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/design-examples/intellectual-property/embedded/nios-ii/exm-profiling-de.html 

--- Quote End ---  

Hello ted, 

Thanks for the reply!! 

but I want to use Airwolf and AddressTrace like non intrusive profilers. please help me finding these kind of hardware based profilers for nios 2
0 Kudos