Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12604 Discussions

Nios2-elf need to match the elf image every time

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Is there any way to omit the time stamp from the elf image generation every time so we can match the image for every compile? is the nios-elf limited in the functionality then gcc elf.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, do you mean "match the software to the hardware ?"  

Are you using QSYS/SOPC ? 

It is not a good idea to omit timestamp. But you can, either by unticking the option in nios2 programmer GUI or by omitting the option in nios2-programmer command line. 

I had troubles like you (you are not precise) when the QSYS component was not at the root project directory. If so Rebuild your QSYS and save it to the root project directory
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, do you mean "match the software to the hardware ?"  

Are you using QSYS/SOPC ? 

It is not a good idea to omit timestamp. But you can, either by unticking the option in nios2 programmer GUI or by omitting the option in nios2-programmer command line. 

I had troubles like you (you are not precise) when the QSYS component was not at the root project directory. If so Rebuild your QSYS and save it to the root project directory 

--- Quote End ---  

No I am working on a firmware which pulls in the bsp SOPC is not part of the firmware. and I am only try to match firmware build everytime. along with BSP I am also brining in the ucosii.
0 Kudos