Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

Nios2 g++ compile error: unexpected reloc type R_NIOS2_UJMP

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everyone. 

I'm trying to compile an open source project and run it on a Nios2 soft-core processor running uClinux. 

The project contains round 50 files so there is a lot of compiling. So I compile all the files individually using Alteras Nios2 gcc/g++ compiler together with the -c option that produces object files. 

So far so good, but when I try to link the all the files together into a single file I get this strange error message: 

--- Quote Start ---  

Err: unexpected reloc type R_NIOS2_CJMP(19) 

Err: unexpected reloc type R_NIOS2_UJMP(18) 

18 bad relocs 

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status 

--- Quote End ---  

As far as I understand it, uClinux can't handle ELF files. So after I have compiled all the sources files individually, I need to use the argument -Wl,-elf2flt[/B][/B] in the link procedure in order to convert my final file from ELF to FLT format. I can link the program without errors if I neglect the -Wl,-elf2flt [/B][/B]option but with it I get the error messages above. 

There isn't really much to find on google about this matter unfortunately. The only relevant page I found is from Alteras forum but that thread went cold four years ago. Here is the link nevertheless: http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20134&highlight=r_nios2_ujmp  

Is there anyone that knows what can be wrong? If you need any files or information don't hesitate to ask.  

Thank you in advance, 

Erik
0 Kudos
0 Replies