Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Niosii Cylone ii

Boeing
Beginner

I would like to know if we have existent Designed Cyclone ii, is it okay to keep it the same chip Cyclone ii  ? Are intel continue to support existent Designed   Cyclone ii  chip or not?  I have seen intel website suggested not to used cyclone ii for new designed , but i'm not sure about existent designed .

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChiaLing_T_Intel
Employee

Hi Haissam,

Thank you for contacting Intel Community.

The Cyclone II device family was introduced in 2004. It currently in a mature phase and is NOT recommended for new designs. Although it won't be obsolete within these few years the life cycle is depending on its order volume. You can continue to use it until you received a notification that this particular device part number is going to be discontinued.

You are recommended to subscribe to our customer notification mailing list at the below link so that you can be notified when an Intel FPGA is going to be discontinued.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/quality-and-reliability/pcns-and-advisories.html#pdn

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank you

Regards,

Chia Ling

0 Kudos
ChiaLing_T_Intel
Employee

Hi Haissam,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread.

Thank you

Regards,

Chia Ling

0 Kudos