Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12590 Discussions

No Nios II target connection paths were located. Check connections and that a Nios II .sof is downloaded.

MPére
Beginner

Hello everyone and thank you for your time.

I am absolutely newbie in this topics and i am trying to debugged some code with the NIOS II from Quartus 14.1 in windows 10.

I have installed usb blaster drivers from quartus/drivers and when i plug it is possible to see it in device manager. But when i try to choose USB Blaster in target connection pop up a messasge with "No Nios II target connection paths were located. Check connections and that a Nios II .sof is downloaded." I have read other threads with any result, reinstall jtagserver, add hardware, etc...

So if anyone could give some advice I will be greatful.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
a_x_h_75
New Contributor III

Firstly, worth noting that Quartus 14.1 doesn't support Windows 10. Having said that you'll probably not see an issue - I hope.

What target (hardware) are you connecting to? And, more importantly, have you loaded the right design (.sof) into the FPGA? The error message indicates that, although you can talk to the FPGA via the USB-Blaster, it can't find a Nios design in the FPGA that matches the one it's looking for.

Cheers,

Alex

0 Kudos