Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

No Rule To Make Target: socfpga_cyclone5_config

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everyone, 

I have a Cyclone V FPGA, using Quartus Lite 18.0, and EDS 18.0.0.614. When trying to make the preloader, after generating the BSP, I get the error: 

‘generated/build.h’ -> ‘uboot-socfpga/board/altera/socfpga/build.h’‘generated/iocsr_config_cyclone5.c’ -> ‘uboot-socfpga/board/altera/socfpga/iocsr_config_cyclone5.c’ ‘generated/iocsr_config_cyclone5.h’ -> ‘uboot-socfpga/board/altera/socfpga/iocsr_config_cyclone5.h’ ‘generated/reset_config.h’ -> ‘uboot-socfpga/board/altera/socfpga/reset_config.h’ ‘generated/pll_config.h’ -> ‘uboot-socfpga/board/altera/socfpga/pll_config.h’ ‘generated/pinmux_config_cyclone5.c’ -> ‘uboot-socfpga/board/altera/socfpga/pinmux_config_cyclone5.c’ ‘generated/pinmux_config.h’ -> ‘uboot-socfpga/board/altera/socfpga/pinmux_config.h’ ‘generated/sdram/sdram_config.h’ -> ‘uboot-socfpga/board/altera/socfpga/sdram/sdram_config.h’ C:/intelFPGA/18.0/embedded/host_tools/cygwin/bin/make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-altera-eabi- MAKE=/bin/make CYGPATH=C:/intelFPGA/18.0/embedded/host_tools/cygwin/bin/cygpath HOSTCC=x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc HOSTSTRIP=x86_64-w64-mingw32-strip -C uboot-socfpga socfpga_cyclone5_config make: Entering directory '/cygdrive/c/Users/.../QuartusCode/soc_system_160807_restored/software/spl_bsp/uboot-socfpga' make: *** No rule to make target 'socfpga_cyclone5_config'. Stop. make: Leaving directory '/cygdrive/c/.../QuartusCode/soc_system_160807_restored/software/spl_bsp/uboot-socfpga' make: *** Error 2 

Which is strange since not 5 minutes before hand I was able to successfully run that command before I realized I did not enable FAT in the BSP editor. But now it won't work whether or not FAT is selected. I've tried restarting, regenerating the BSP, recompiling Quartus project, then regenerating, no dice. Was wondering if anyone had any advice?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Alright I figured it out in case anyone else is having the same issue here is the issue: 

In the folder: C:....\soc_system_160807_restored\software\spl_bsp\uboot-socfpga 

There is a file called Makefile.orig. I edited out the .orig to make it just Makefile and it got rid of that error.
0 Kudos