Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12596 Discussions

No filesystem could mount root

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello: 

I was trying to transplant uClinux to DE2 for two weeks,I follow the wiki step by step! 

and the error message is:  

Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0) 

After I found a lot of web page.I found the mistake was happen at romfs,because,when I do the order "make romfs",it says "nothing to do for romfs",and the romfs file is empty. 

When I follow this web page,http://www.nioswiki.com/index.php?title=operatingsystems/uclinux/uclinuxdist/initramfsupdate&highlight=initramfs 

I delete the romfs and make it again,the results is the same! 

I think the problem is the rootfs,but I don't know how to resolve it. 

I was using Ubuntu 9.10,quartus and IDE 8.1,and the uClinux-dist is uClinux-dist-20070130.tar.gz,and the my NiosII gcc cross compiler is nios2gcc-20080203,and it is successfull. 

I have confused it for a few weeks,but I still resolve the problem,please tell me how to do,how to build the rootfs or how to transplant uClinux to DE2.Thank you very much!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello,I have resolved the question,but thank you all the same!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I ran linux on QSPI flash, and met the similar problem as you did , can you show me your experience. 

thanks
0 Kudos