Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12599 Discussions

No templates available after inserting SPOC info file

PHeri1
Beginner

I am not able to select a template file anymore in Eclipse after selecting an info file.

I also cannot use the BSP Editor. After selecting an info file, Operating system will be empty and I cannot select another one.

Using Quartus 19.1, Elcipse Build id: 20120216-1857

Nios II Software Build Tools & System Console 12.1.0.177

I want to try these tutorials:

The Nios® II Processor: Introduction to Developing Software

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG2I56NKLQk

Designing with NIOS® II Processor Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGteIQqNfvY

Designing with NIOS® II Processor Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-K8VBa0Uk8

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SyafieqS

Hi Peter,

Is it first time or working fine then suddenly happen? What type of Quartus prime you use e.g Lite,Standard,Pro ?. It could be due to your .sopcfile is not properly generated or your system design issue in platform designer. Make sure all the connection is connected, module is instantiated and all necessary config is set properly for your system design. Then recompile your design let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Regards

0 Kudos
PHeri1
Beginner

Hi,

I am very new to this, so it was the first time.

After your reply I did:

• Removed all Quartus, Altera and Eclipse applications from my computer
  • Installed the full version of Quartus 19.1 Lite
  • Installed the patch for Quartus 19.1 Lite
  • Enabled Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL)
  • Installed CanonicalGroupLimited.Ubuntu18.04onWindows_1804.2018.817.0_x64
  • Installed Eclipse IDE for C/C++ developers (jre1.8.0_60)
  • Unzipped eclipse_nios2_plugins.zip found at C:\intelFPGA_lite\19.1\nios2eds\bin onto desktop
  • Extracted eclipse-cpp-mars-2-win32-x86_64.zip (hard to find on the web) into C:\intelFPGA_lite\19.1\nios2eds\bin\eclipse_nios2
  • Copied all files and folders in previous created folder on desktop (from eclipse_nios2_plugins.zip) into C:\intelFPGA_lite\19.1\nios2eds\bin\eclipse_nios2, overriding all existing files and folders
  • Nios II Software Build Tools for Eclipse (Quartus Prime 19.1) will work as expected, that is: after loading the SOPC info file, the templates are now still available.

But continuing will result in: Failed to execute: wsl dos2unix create-this-bsp; ./create-this-bsp --cpu-name nios2_gen2_0 --no-make

Any idea?

0 Kudos
PHeri1
Beginner

Problem with Failed to execute: wsl dos2unix create-this-bsp; ./create-this-bsp --cpu-name nios2_gen2_0 --no-make

seems to be solved by doing:

Open Windows CMD:

wsl

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install dos2unix

sudo apt-get install make

exit

Nois II for Eclipse seems to work, I will further investigate.

0 Kudos
PHeri1
Beginner

While downloading the elf file an error occurs:

Using cable "USB-Blaster [USB-0]", device 1, instance 0x00

Pausing target processor: not responding.

Resetting and trying again: FAILED

Leaving target processor paused>

Still have to figure out what is causing this.

0 Kudos
PHeri1
Beginner

Again, I am a bit further in getting on with my Max 10.

Using cable "USB-Blaster [USB-0]", device 1, instance 0x00 Pausing target processor: not responding. Resetting and trying again: FAILED Leaving target processor paused>

This issue has been solved.

Don't ask me how, but I never had an OpenCode Plus Status message until now.

Now, when I design a project within the Platform Designer and I program the sof file into a Max 10, an OpenCode Plus Status message will pop up indicating that I have 1 hour the test my design.

When I create a project in Eclipse Nios II and compile/run my application the error (as mentioned above) is no longer seen.

Still have some issues in getting I2C and PLL working, so I keep you posted.

0 Kudos