I am not able to select a template file anymore in Eclipse after selecting an info file.
I also cannot use the BSP Editor. After selecting an info file, Operating system will be empty and I cannot select another one.
Using Quartus 19.1, Elcipse Build id: 20120216-1857
Nios II Software Build Tools & System Console 22.214.171.124
I want to try these tutorials:
The Nios® II Processor: Introduction to Developing Software
Designing with NIOS® II Processor Part 1
Designing with NIOS® II Processor Part 2
Is it first time or working fine then suddenly happen? What type of Quartus prime you use e.g Lite,Standard,Pro ?. It could be due to your .sopcfile is not properly generated or your system design issue in platform designer. Make sure all the connection is connected, module is instantiated and all necessary config is set properly for your system design. Then recompile your design let me know if it works.
I am very new to this, so it was the first time.
After your reply I did:
- Removed all Quartus, Altera and Eclipse applications from my computer
- Installed the full version of Quartus 19.1 Lite
- Installed the patch for Quartus 19.1 Lite
- Enabled Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL)
- Installed CanonicalGroupLimited.Ubuntu18.04onWindows_1804.2018.817.0_x64
- Installed Eclipse IDE for C/C++ developers (jre1.8.0_60)
- Unzipped eclipse_nios2_plugins.zip found at C:\intelFPGA_lite\19.1\nios2eds\bin onto desktop
- Extracted eclipse-cpp-mars-2-win32-x86_64.zip (hard to find on the web) into C:\intelFPGA_lite\19.1\nios2eds\bin\eclipse_nios2
- Copied all files and folders in previous created folder on desktop (from eclipse_nios2_plugins.zip) into C:\intelFPGA_lite\19.1\nios2eds\bin\eclipse_nios2, overriding all existing files and folders
- Nios II Software Build Tools for Eclipse (Quartus Prime 19.1) will work as expected, that is: after loading the SOPC info file, the templates are now still available.
But continuing will result in: Failed to execute: wsl dos2unix create-this-bsp; ./create-this-bsp --cpu-name nios2_gen2_0 --no-make
Problem with Failed to execute: wsl dos2unix create-this-bsp; ./create-this-bsp --cpu-name nios2_gen2_0 --no-make
seems to be solved by doing:
Open Windows CMD:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install dos2unix
sudo apt-get install make
Nois II for Eclipse seems to work, I will further investigate.
While downloading the elf file an error occurs:
Using cable "USB-Blaster [USB-0]", device 1, instance 0x00
Pausing target processor: not responding.
Resetting and trying again: FAILED
Leaving target processor paused>
Still have to figure out what is causing this.
Again, I am a bit further in getting on with my Max 10.
Using cable "USB-Blaster [USB-0]", device 1, instance 0x00 Pausing target processor: not responding. Resetting and trying again: FAILED Leaving target processor paused>
This issue has been solved.
Don't ask me how, but I never had an OpenCode Plus Status message until now.
Now, when I design a project within the Platform Designer and I program the sof file into a Max 10, an OpenCode Plus Status message will pop up indicating that I have 1 hour the test my design.
When I create a project in Eclipse Nios II and compile/run my application the error (as mentioned above) is no longer seen.
Still have some issues in getting I2C and PLL working, so I keep you posted.