Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

Not finding run as nios II hardware option from eclipse

sukesh
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to work with the hello world template. The project is built successfully, but I am not finding any option there to run my application on the nios II hardware(attaching screenshot for reference).

Note: The quartus version used to build the project is 20.1

sukesh_0-1660802509283.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

sukesh, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate technical support on this matter, I just transferred your case to the proper department. They will further assist you on this topic as soon as possible.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

you are using Eclipse is freshly installed software ?

if it freshly installed, before install pls follow bellow steps

a. sudo apt update

b. sudo apt install wsl

c. sudo apt install dos2unix

d. sudo apt install make 

e. sudo apt install build-essential

Thank you,

0 Kudos
sukesh
Beginner

Hi Hareesh,

yes, eclipse is freshly installed. I will follow the suggested steps and get back to you on the status.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

in you shared image at project explore section BSP folder is not there. first generate BSP package.

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

i am sharing eclipse installation process documentation. follow those steps

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683525/21-3/windows-installation.html

Thanks,

hareesh
Employee

Hi,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos