Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

On-Chip Memory Size

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Dear Friend's, 

What is the maximum size of On -Chip Memory or up to what extend we go up to increase its size. 

i am using Cyclone-III device , i have altera Embedded Development Board. and i have Quartus 11 SP2 Tool. 

I have add the On-Chip memory in my SOPC Builder, now what is the maximum size of this memory. or if i increase the on-chip memory size does it effect the other component like TSE_MAC FIFO etc. or if i want to increase on-chip memory size i have to decrease the other component memory. 

With regards 

kaushal
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It depends on the fpga part.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

That mean i can have bigger On-Chip Memory if i am using High end FPGA like Cyclone-III, 

if i put 512*512*8 Size does it work...? 

i am repetativelly facing "Database error" whenevel i try to log on forum...??  

Regards 

kaushal
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Whether any particular value will 'work' depends on the available memory on the part, and the number of memory blocks needed by other items on the fpga. 

If you try to use every last memory block then it is likely to limit the maximum speed due to long 'tracks'. 

I think the database server gets reloaded every morning just before 9am UTC.
0 Kudos