Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12596 Discussions

OpenCore Plus Time-limited File and Linux Worklflow

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi there, 

I am very new to the Quartus toolchain and have a question about the workflow. 

Till now, I have used a precompiled Linux SDCard and changed the dtb and rbf files with my own but now I want to use an IP from Altera which supports the evaluation mode. 

Since I am not able to make a rbf file from a time-limited sof file, I need to change my workflow and program my device with the Quartus II programmer. 

I am a little bit lost with all these settings, so my question is what do I need to do to boot linux with my FPGA configuration without flashing a rbf from SDCard? 

Please let me know of everything which comes to your mind because I have no idea what way will work. 

For example: Maybe it is enough to halt the auto-boot, change the bootcmd command such that it only loads the dtb, save it, and then I only need to flash my FPGA configuration at the first time boot. But maybe I also need to change MSEL settings, or even need to compile/build the preloader and u-boot or even Linux?!?! 

Thank you in advance!
0 Kudos
0 Replies