Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12453 Discussions

PCIe Base Address Register detection issue during Boot Process

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I connected BAR2 to the ddr controller in the Altera's PCIe dma ddr reference design for Stratix V board. It compiled successfully. But when it download and after scan & found the pcie system, the lspci -x command, showing the same BAR address for BAR0 and BAR2!!. Why? 

Regards, 

Firoz
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

sorry I do not have the answer for your problem yet, but seems that we are trying to run the same reference design and I'm having a problem too. 

I have compiled the s5 GX design ( http://www.alterawiki.com/wiki/reference_design_-_stratix_v_avmm_dma ) loaded it in the board, and rebooted the computer. I get the following errors: 

1. lspci command does not return anything related to altera. 

2. furthermore, when I try to ./install, in drivers and software fold, I get an error sayng that "altera_dma" has not been found in \proc\devices 

I guess error 2 is a consequense from error 1. 

So, could anyone help me? 

regards