Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

PTF file in Qsys?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

While compiling uClinux, a command is required to send the hardware features and corresponding addresses i.e. "make vendor_hwselect SYSPTF='path to ptf file' ". 

However PTF file is generated by SOPC. Newer version of SOPC, Qsys does not generate a PTF file. 

To compile the uClinux for a environment created by Qsys, What can be used? 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello, 

While compiling uClinux, a command is required to send the hardware features and corresponding addresses i.e. "make vendor_hwselect SYSPTF='path to ptf file' ". 

However PTF file is generated by SOPC. Newer version of SOPC, Qsys does not generate a PTF file. 

To compile the uClinux for a environment created by Qsys, What can be used? 

Thanks. 

--- Quote End ---  

PTFs are no longer created, and the uCLinux build no longer requires you to run the hwselect command. Instead, you should create a device tree from the sopcinfo file using sopc2dts. 

--dalon
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

PTFs are no longer created, and the uCLinux build no longer requires you to run the hwselect command. Instead, you should create a device tree from the sopcinfo file using sopc2dts. 

--dalon 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks a lot. Can you provide me a fresh source of uClinux that does not require the hwselect and can run on Nios II?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks a lot dwesterg. I will start to deal with uClinux again.

0 Kudos