Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

PTF file in Qsys?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

While compiling uClinux, a command is required to send the hardware features and corresponding addresses i.e. "make vendor_hwselect SYSPTF='path to ptf file' ". 

However PTF file is generated by SOPC. Newer version of SOPC, Qsys does not generate a PTF file. 

To compile the uClinux for a environment created by Qsys, What can be used? 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello, 

While compiling uClinux, a command is required to send the hardware features and corresponding addresses i.e. "make vendor_hwselect SYSPTF='path to ptf file' ". 

However PTF file is generated by SOPC. Newer version of SOPC, Qsys does not generate a PTF file. 

To compile the uClinux for a environment created by Qsys, What can be used? 

Thanks. 

--- Quote End ---  

PTFs are no longer created, and the uCLinux build no longer requires you to run the hwselect command. Instead, you should create a device tree from the sopcinfo file using sopc2dts. 

--dalon
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

PTFs are no longer created, and the uCLinux build no longer requires you to run the hwselect command. Instead, you should create a device tree from the sopcinfo file using sopc2dts. 

--dalon 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks a lot. Can you provide me a fresh source of uClinux that does not require the hwselect and can run on Nios II?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks a lot dwesterg. I will start to deal with uClinux again.