Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12455 Discussions

Passing data from one peripheral to another

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi All 

I have a design requirement in which I have to create a peripheral with 2 FIFOs and pass data from one to another. So the flow of data sort of looks like this: 

HPS-->FIFO1-->FIFO2-->HPS 

I am aware that I can use the Qsys MM to ST and ST to MM FIFO cores, but I want to use these FIFOs with the DMA controller in the HPS and for that I need to add a peripheral request interface (PRI) in the 2 FIFOs for the DMA controller. Also I want to add some extra logic to control the bursting of the DMA. 

I tried creating the FIFOs manually by adding the interfaces myself. But while testing in system console, I am not able to read back what I write. What could be wrong? Is the byte ordering different between MM and ST interfaces? 

I am clueless and any help would be appreciated. 

Sincerely 

Ankit
0 Kudos
0 Replies