Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

Possible Bugs in Eclipse Project BSP

SeanAB
New Contributor I

Quartus Prime Lite Ver 21.1.0 Build 842 10/21/21 - Windows 10 Host system

Eclipse Mars.2 rel 4.5.2

When the Eclipse BSP project files are created, I keep see inga couple errors pop-up in the BSP source files.

#1 alt_read.c

Line 120 appears to have an error:

ALT_ERRNO = EBADFD;

should be

ALT_ERRNO = 0xEBADFD;

#2 alt_sys_inti.c - when a Timer is added to the design

Line 74 - shows alt_no_storage is undeclared refers to the following in

alt_avalon_timer.h calls this out:

#define ALTERA_AVALON_TIMER_INSTANCE(name, dev) extern int alt_no_storage

Am I supposed to set this value to something?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
hareesh
Employee

Hi SeanAB,

can you please share your plat form design screen shot and .sopcinfo file.

thanks,

0 Kudos
SeanAB
New Contributor I

Attached are the request file. Not sure if these are bugs or not. The application runs just fine, but the BSP showing bugs is a little puzzling.

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi @SeanAB,

With your shared .socpinfo file, I recreated the eclipse project. I haven't seen any problems when I build a complete project. you can  see console window output in bellow attachment. Once, update your Quartus software and try it.

0 Kudos
SeanAB
New Contributor I

The issues is in Eclipse. In the HAL source alt_read.c file, the attached bug appears. Again not sure if this is really an bug as the application builds and runs without issue.

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi @SeanAB ,

just disable the Symbol is not resolved option in code analysis section. go through the reference link and attachment.

link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/articles/000084712.html 

0 Kudos