Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

Power Supply of Nios Deevlopment Kit (Stratix Edition)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey Guys, 

I have the "Nios Development Kit - Stratix Edition". I received it from a friend to pratice and learn FPGA development. I dont have a power supply. This link (http://vlsicad.eecs.umich.edu/bk/slots/cache/www.altera.com/products/devkits/altera/kit-nios_1s10.html), suggest I need a 9V power supply but doesnt mention how much Amperes. So, I bought a 9V, 300mA power supply unit but unfortunately it's not working. I searched over internet but I was very unsuccessfull. So, I request to share the information w.r.t the number of Amperes I need to power the FPGA.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello Everyone,  

I found the answer myself and I am posting it for future forum memmber. I bought a universal power supply (auf Deutsch Netzteil) from the company Voltcraft(any company should work for this matter). The properties are 3V to 12V (one has to chnage to 9V) but the important part is 2250mA. Have fun!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello swaroop933, 

I have also recently acquired the stratix edition nios development kit(EP1S10F780), I did not get any software files accompanying it. I am a beginner in the world of FPGA, if you could share the CD ROM files of the board with me, it would be a great help. I have scourged through most of the websites to no avail. i even searched the entire ftp site of altera. 

Thanks in advance.(mail id is irshad9in@gmail.com)
0 Kudos