Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12367 Discussions

Probe not called while using USB xHCI driver in nios2-linux

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi, 

I am working on USB xHCI drivers in nios2-linux with kernel v3.10. I have updated ../usb/kconfig to enable support of usb_arch_has_xhci on which usb_xhci_hcd depends. I have also enabled usb_xhci_platform in ../usb/host/kconfig file. Added some custom prints in xhci-plat.c and xhci.c to debug if xhci_hcd_init and xhci_register_plat methods are being called or not? But all prints in these two methods were printed and returned successfully. It looks like platform_driver_register is also executing successfully. But my probe method is not called. I am curious about which part i missed here. I want to understand, what other configurations need to be done? 

I have attached both kconfig files mentioned above. I have added usb_arch_has_xhci support in "menuconfig usb_support"(../usb/kconfig) option and support in "config usb_xhci_hcd_debugging"(../usb/host/kconfig) option. 

Note: I haven't enabled PCI. 

Any suggestions will help. 

Thanks, 

Parth Shah
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi All, 

I have found the solution to above issue. 

When device is added using platform_add_devices from platform.c, that device should have same name as given to the driver. 

Thanks.