Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12420 Discussions

Problem with NIOS Simulation Tutorial AN351

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am trying to follow the steps to simulate NIOS II but encountering modelsim error, not sure if anyone knows how to deal with this? 

I tried to debug this and seems like there could be limitation on number of letters of library name that vlib could handle… 

Thx 

# Modifying modelsim.ini 

# ** Error: (vlib-35) Failed to create directory "./libraries/niosii_system_tb_nios2_jtag_debug_module_translator_avalon_universal_slave_0_agent_rsp_fifo/". 

# No such file or directory. (errno = ENOENT) 

# Error in macro ./msim_setup.tcl line 107 

# ** Error: (vlib-35) Failed to create directory "./libraries/niosii_system_tb_nios2_jtag_debug_module_translator_avalon_universal_slave_0_agent_rsp_fifo/". 

# No such file or directory. (errno = ENOENT) 

# while executing 

# "vlib $lib " 

# invoked from within 

# "if ![file isdirectory $lib] { vlib $lib } " 

# (procedure "ensure_lib" line 1) 

# invoked from within 

# "ensure_lib ./libraries/niosii_system_tb_nios2_jtag_debug_m..." 

# ld  

# /usr/bin/ld: no input files 

#  

#
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Looks like i could answer my own question now...there's really limitation on the total number of letters for full path to the directory that modelsim is trying to create the library directory... 

so i am shortening all the directory names before the Quartus project to solve this unless i find a way to increase my Windows 7 limitation on my system...