Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Problem with NIOS Simulation Tutorial AN351

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am trying to follow the steps to simulate NIOS II but encountering modelsim error, not sure if anyone knows how to deal with this? 

I tried to debug this and seems like there could be limitation on number of letters of library name that vlib could handle… 

Thx 

# Modifying modelsim.ini 

# ** Error: (vlib-35) Failed to create directory "./libraries/niosii_system_tb_nios2_jtag_debug_module_translator_avalon_universal_slave_0_agent_rsp_fifo/". 

# No such file or directory. (errno = ENOENT) 

# Error in macro ./msim_setup.tcl line 107 

# ** Error: (vlib-35) Failed to create directory "./libraries/niosii_system_tb_nios2_jtag_debug_module_translator_avalon_universal_slave_0_agent_rsp_fifo/". 

# No such file or directory. (errno = ENOENT) 

# while executing 

# "vlib $lib " 

# invoked from within 

# "if ![file isdirectory $lib] { vlib $lib } " 

# (procedure "ensure_lib" line 1) 

# invoked from within 

# "ensure_lib ./libraries/niosii_system_tb_nios2_jtag_debug_m..." 

# ld  

# /usr/bin/ld: no input files 

#  

#
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Looks like i could answer my own question now...there's really limitation on the total number of letters for full path to the directory that modelsim is trying to create the library directory... 

so i am shortening all the directory names before the Quartus project to solve this unless i find a way to increase my Windows 7 limitation on my system...
0 Kudos