Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12420 Discussions

Problem with alt_flash_open_dev

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

i have question about open flash memory (fd = alt_flash_open_dev("/dev/epcs_flash_controller_0");). 

When i restart my board with EP3C25 and the bitstream is loaded from epcs flash eprom or when i download bitstream to the fpga from Programmer and after this i run program, where i try to open flash eprom, it failed (fd is Null). But when i restart this program again, open flash is ok and next code of program run well. Where could be the problem ? 

When i find, what happens on nCS pin, i see (on oscilloscope), that after downloading sof from flash (turn off/turn on the board) or from Programmer, the nCS is on "0" / GND and after this, when i run the program which failed in the first, the nCS goes to "1" high and after this when i start (in second time) the program it run well. 

Some idea, where is error ? 

Thank you. 

Jan Naceradsky
0 Kudos
0 Replies