Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12455 Discussions

Problem with concurrent sending and receiving data with ethernet

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm working with the Simple Socket Server example for my DE4-230 board (that is...blinking Leds and 7segments display example....). I modified this example simply adding a" while (stop==1)...etc etc" to send random 32bit data to pc when nios system receives a command (an ASCII character 'L') from my client Labwindows program. These 32 bit data are effectively received continuously but when I try to send from Labwindows another command (i.e: those for managing blinking Leds or socket closing...) it seems that communication towards nios II is blocked...and so the loop data receiving is unstoppable... 

Any Ideas?? 

regards
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

simply adding a" while (stop==1)...etc etc" to send random 32bit data to pc 

--- Quote End ---  

Lean back an think what you are doing. Without escaping the loop, the server won't handle any new commands, isn't it?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

yes...It is....I know that...but I don't know as I could do this kind of operation (I mean... this loop data sending controlling its starting and stopping from pc) I tried also to create a new task in which there is this "while(stop==0)" with a fixed priority, I tried to delayed the task execution to allow processor to execute other tasks...but the situation was the same!!!...

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

nothing???

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

How should I do to take control of my system during this continuously data sending???