Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

Problem with concurrent sending and receiving data with ethernet

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm working with the Simple Socket Server example for my DE4-230 board (that is...blinking Leds and 7segments display example....). I modified this example simply adding a" while (stop==1)...etc etc" to send random 32bit data to pc when nios system receives a command (an ASCII character 'L') from my client Labwindows program. These 32 bit data are effectively received continuously but when I try to send from Labwindows another command (i.e: those for managing blinking Leds or socket closing...) it seems that communication towards nios II is blocked...and so the loop data receiving is unstoppable... 

Any Ideas?? 

regards
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

simply adding a" while (stop==1)...etc etc" to send random 32bit data to pc 

--- Quote End ---  

Lean back an think what you are doing. Without escaping the loop, the server won't handle any new commands, isn't it?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

yes...It is....I know that...but I don't know as I could do this kind of operation (I mean... this loop data sending controlling its starting and stopping from pc) I tried also to create a new task in which there is this "while(stop==0)" with a fixed priority, I tried to delayed the task execution to allow processor to execute other tasks...but the situation was the same!!!...

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

nothing???

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

How should I do to take control of my system during this continuously data sending???

0 Kudos