Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12409 Discussions

Problem with ins_tse_mac.c --> undefined reference to `io_write'

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I am using Stratix IV GX dev kit with Quartus v15.0. I would like to run simple socket server example on the design that I created (which is a tweaked version of ethernet standard design example available on altera website). Everything seems to be fine until I get the following errors while building and compiling the simple socket server example in Nios 2 SBT: 

Info: Linking simple_socket_server_tse_1.elf 

nios2-elf-g++ -T'../simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp//linker.x' -msys-crt0='../simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp//obj/HAL/src/crt0.o' -msys-lib=ucosii_bsp -L../simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp/ -Wl,-Map=simple_socket_server_tse_1.map -O0 -g -Wall -mno-hw-div -mhw-mul -mhw-mulx -o simple_socket_server_tse_1.elf obj/default/alt_error_handler.o obj/default/iniche_init.o obj/default/led.o obj/default/network_utilities.o obj/default/simple_socket_server.o obj/default/tse_my_system.o -lm -msys-lib=m 

../simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp/\libucosii_bsp.a(ins_tse_mac.o): In function `tse_mac_init': 

E:\tse_tutorial\software\simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp/drivers/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c:267:  

E:\tse_tutorial\software\simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp/drivers/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c:273: undefined reference to `io_read' 

E:\tse_tutorial\software\simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp/drivers/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c:283: undefined reference to `io_read' 

E:\tse_tutorial\software\simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp/drivers/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c:310: undefined reference to `io_write' 

E:\tse_tutorial\software\simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp/drivers/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c:311: undefined reference to `io_write' 

E:\tse_tutorial\software\simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp/drivers/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c:315: undefined reference to `io_write' 

E:\tse_tutorial\software\simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp/drivers/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c:316: undefined reference to `io_write' 

E:\tse_tutorial\software\simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp/drivers/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c:317: undefined reference to `io_write' 

../simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp/\libucosii_bsp.a(ins_tse_mac.o):E:\tse_tutorial\software\simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp/drivers/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c:318: more undefined references to `io_write' follow 

../simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp/\libucosii_bsp.a(ins_tse_mac.o): In function `tse_mac_init': 

E:\tse_tutorial\software\simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp/drivers/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c:374: undefined reference to `io_read' 

E:\tse_tutorial\software\simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp/drivers/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c:385: undefined reference to `io_write' 

E:\tse_tutorial\software\simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp/drivers/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c:388: undefined reference to `io_read' 

E:\tse_tutorial\software\simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp/drivers/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c:441: undefined reference to `io_write' 

E:\tse_tutorial\software\simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp/drivers/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c:442: undefined reference to `io_read' 

E:\tse_tutorial\software\simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp/drivers/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c:448: undefined reference to `io_write' 

E:\tse_tutorial\software\simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp/drivers/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c:454: undefined reference to `io_write' 

../simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp/\libucosii_bsp.a(ins_tse_mac.o): In function `tse_mac_raw_send': 

E:\tse_tutorial\software\simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp/drivers/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c:558: undefined reference to `io_read' 

../simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp/\libucosii_bsp.a(ins_tse_mac.o): In function `tse_mac_rcv': 

E:\tse_tutorial\software\simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp/drivers/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c:800: undefined reference to `io_write' 

E:\tse_tutorial\software\simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp/drivers/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c:814: undefined reference to `io_write' 

../simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp/\libucosii_bsp.a(ins_tse_mac.o): In function `tse_mac_close': 

E:\tse_tutorial\software\simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp/drivers/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c:859: undefined reference to `io_read' 

E:\tse_tutorial\software\simple_socket_server_tse_1_bsp/drivers/src/iniche/ins_tse_mac.c:860: undefined reference to `io_write' 

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status 

make: *** [simple_socket_server_tse_1.elf] Error 1 

I checked that these are all defined in altera_eth_tse_regs.h file (which is included in ins_tse_mac.c). Somehow the compiler is not able to identify them. All these files and functions are default ones. I did not change anything in them. 

Can some one help me out here?  

Thank you in advance.! 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I was able to remove this error.  

It turns out, I had given wrong path to some# include files.