Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12590 Discussions

Problems with Eclipse Build Tools and Model Sim

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am at the point where I am beginning to test some of the code I have written in the Eclipse GUI. I am trying to simulate this code on an RTL level using Model Sim. When I select Nios II model sim on the run tab, I receive a pop-up window with the following error attached.  

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10645&stc=1  

I am running the web edition of Quartus. Is this the issue? Does anyone have any ideas?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Actually it's hard to see the screen shot. Pls put the the error message in text.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Actually it's hard to see the screen shot. Pls put the the error message in text. 

--- Quote End ---  

Failed Executing: make sim SPD=C:/altera/14.1/sel2740x_hmi_ctrl_sys/nios_tb.spd ELF=C:/altera/14.1/sel2740x_hmi_ctrl_sys/software/nios_prog/nios_prog.elf ENABLE_VSIM_GUI=1 VSIM_DIR='C:/altera/14.1/modelsim_ase/win32aloem' return code: 2
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

--- Quote End ---  

In the console I am left with this error. Do I not have the correct/valid license for modelsim?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Well, I managed to find the issue. Apparently when launching ModelSim from Eclipse, the tools are automatically looking for the subscription edition of ModelSim. If you have the Quartus web edition, or subscription edition without a ModelSim license, you will get this error. 

Altera released a patch that will fix this issue. Please see this link if you are having troubles. http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46242
0 Kudos
FelipeWcosta
Beginner

I have the same problem on Eclipse IDE and Nios II ModelSim for the simulation but the link with the solution is not available, someone can help me?

0 Kudos
FelipeWcosta
Beginner

The problem that appears for me is this below:

Failed Executing: make sim SPD=C:/Users/costa/Desktop/myfirtsnios_ii/de0_nano_qsys_tb.spd ELF=C:/Users/costa/Desktop/myfirtsnios_ii/software/hello_wordl_small/hello_wordl_small.elf ENABLE_VSIM_GUI=1 VSIM_DIR='C:/altera/13.0sp1/modelsim_ase/win32aloem' return code:

How can I proceed?

0 Kudos