Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12453 Discussions

Programming Cyclone V SoC FPGA from or preloader

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to program my Cyclone V SoC FPGA with new configuration (using Quartus 16.2 and Qsys). I generated the .sof and then the .rbf file from quartus, and I sent it to the FPGA via Quartus Programmer whereas I lost control to my board (ps: the sof file was sent correctly what quartus Programmer said) I couldn't even connect to from SSH (have you this problem before?). Secondly I tried to send my rbf file to th QSPI flash as https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/documentation/gsrd131programmingfpga said to the address 0x8000000 , I has been written correctly but the FPGA leds blinked as usual not as I programmed in the new FPGA configuration (after a reboot). 

Could anyone let me know how to program FPGA on Cyclone V from HPS?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, to program the FPGA from HPS, you need to set the MSEL of the FPGA correctly (typically it is FPPx16) - perhaps you can check that