Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

Project creation using windows

MHahn4
New Contributor I

I'm trying to create a Nios II project in Eclipse, but the New Project-Wizards creates files with Windows style delimiters instead fo Unix ones (the "create-this-app" and "create-this-bsp" files) which results in an execution error:

Executing: wsl ./create-this-bsp --cpu-name Nios2Processor --no-make (C:\some\directory\projectname\software\TestProject_bsp) ./create-this-bsp: line 4: $'\r': command not found ./create-this-bsp: line 11: $'\r': command not found ./create-this-bsp: line 20: syntax error near unexpected token `$'in\r'' ./create-this-bsp: line 20: ` case "$1" in '

I've already set the Eclipse settings to use Unix styled delimiters for new files, but the Wizard still creates the Windows styled ones.

How can I get this running on Windows?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MHahn4
New Contributor I

Found out the solution myself: the script uses the wsl command instead of cygwin. Therefore you have to configure a WSL linux and install the dos2unix package and the building tools.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MHahn4
New Contributor I

Found out the solution myself: the script uses the wsl command instead of cygwin. Therefore you have to configure a WSL linux and install the dos2unix package and the building tools.

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Thanks Michael for your found. I really appreciate your answer.

0 Kudos