Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12408 Discussions

Project creation using windows

MHahn4
New Contributor I

I'm trying to create a Nios II project in Eclipse, but the New Project-Wizards creates files with Windows style delimiters instead fo Unix ones (the "create-this-app" and "create-this-bsp" files) which results in an execution error:

Executing: wsl ./create-this-bsp --cpu-name Nios2Processor --no-make (C:\some\directory\projectname\software\TestProject_bsp) ./create-this-bsp: line 4: $'\r': command not found ./create-this-bsp: line 11: $'\r': command not found ./create-this-bsp: line 20: syntax error near unexpected token `$'in\r'' ./create-this-bsp: line 20: ` case "$1" in '

I've already set the Eclipse settings to use Unix styled delimiters for new files, but the Wizard still creates the Windows styled ones.

How can I get this running on Windows?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MHahn4
New Contributor I

Found out the solution myself: the script uses the wsl command instead of cygwin. Therefore you have to configure a WSL linux and install the dos2unix package and the building tools.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MHahn4
New Contributor I

Found out the solution myself: the script uses the wsl command instead of cygwin. Therefore you have to configure a WSL linux and install the dos2unix package and the building tools.

Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Thanks Michael for your found. I really appreciate your answer.