Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Q:Maybe git-pull is broken?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

http://www.alterawiki.com/wiki/dasuboot 

Or if you installed from the nios2-linux tarball as InstallNios2Linux, 

cd nios2-linux/toolchain-build 

git pull origin 

cd nios2-linux/u-boot 

git fetch origin 

git checkout -b my_nios2 origin/master 

====================================================== 

When I input the command "git pull origin" in the nios2-linux/toolchain-build folder like this: 

# git pull origin /usr/local/libexec/git-core/git-pull: line 282: exec: git-merge: not found fatal: 'pull' appears to be a git command, but we were not able to execute it. Maybe git-pull is broken? #  

What's wrong with it ?  

THX!!!!!!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

http://www.alterawiki.com/wiki/install_nios_ii_linux 

Toolchain 

We will proceed to build the toolchain. If you don't want or fail to build it yourself, you may use the prebuild BinaryToolchain. 

If you work on x86_64, 64 bits platform, you will need to change the arch to 32 bits , with "setarch i386" , to build gcc. 

cd toolchain-build 

gcc --version  

git clean -f -x -d # clean on restart 

make gcc elf2flt gdb-host 

============================================== 

I do it above,but 

checking for nl_langinfo and CODESET... yes checking configuration for building shared libraries... supported updating cache ./config.cache configure: creating ./config.status config.status: creating Makefile config.status: creating doc/Makefile config.status: creating examples/Makefile config.status: creating shlib/Makefile config.status: creating config.h config.status: executing default commands make: Entering directory `/home/nios2-linux/toolchain-build/build/gdb-host/readline' rm -f readline.o gcc -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H /home/nios2-linux/toolchain-build/build/nios2/bin/nios2-elf-gcc- -I. -I/home/nios2-linux/toolchain-build/../insight/readline -DRL_LIBRARY_VERSION='"5.1"' -g -O2 /home/nios2-linux/toolchain-build/../insight/readline/readline.c gcc: /home/nios2-linux/toolchain-build/build/nios2/bin/nios2-elf-gcc-: No such file or directory make: *** Error 1 make: Leaving directory `/home/nios2-linux/toolchain-build/build/gdb-host/readline' make: *** Error 2 make: Leaving directory `/home/nios2-linux/toolchain-build/build/gdb-host' make: *** Error 2 make: Leaving directory `/home/nios2-linux/toolchain-build/build/gdb-host' make: *** Error 2 #  

Is it right ? 

Thanks !