Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

[Qsys] How to configure another IRQ entry to core NiosII/e

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm playing with a cheap development tool based on the Cyclone2; fully aware that it is an 'obsolete' familly

For that reason, I'm using the QuartusII 13.1, that is the last revision which supports that device. 

One of my last experiments consists on the addition of a second interrupt vector to handle in software. 

However, even searching a lot on the Web, I could not find any way to do that. 

Could someone inform if it is possible based on the core NiosII/e ? 

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Expand the width of the QSYS window until you see the IRQ column. For each interrupt you intend to use, click the small circle in the IRQ column. It will automatically fill in the IRQ number. When the BSP is built, it will contain definitions for each peripheral's interrupt number.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Expand the width of the QSYS window until you see the IRQ column. For each interrupt you intend to use, click the small circle in the irq column. It will automatically fill in the IRQ number. When the BSP is built, it will contain definitions for each peripheral's interrupt number. 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi Galfonz. thanks alot for the prompt reply, however I could not bring forth the same reaction ( I mean, any circle ). 

Even crossing the mouse over several parts of the diagram, and right-mouse clicking there, no option appeared for that. 

Am I missing something ?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Right now your screenshot shows IRQ 0 assigned to your interval timer. If you want to add an interrupt for the JTAG uart, click on the small circle in the IRQ column immediately below the 0 in a box. When you do so QSYS will automatically assign IRQ 1 to the UART.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

At first, I thought the values 0,1 inside that boxes were binary (ie, had the purpose to enable / disable those interrupts) but after doing a quick test including another peripheral, I realized that QSYS automatically assigned the value 2. 

Thank you very much for the help.
0 Kudos