Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12454 Discussions

Qsys Nios project is ambiguous in Quartus???

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The Qsys migration guide says I have to add the QIP file generated by Qsys to the Quartus project. When I do this, quartus errors saying the Nios system instance is ambiguous because there is nios_system.v file in both the db folder and the nois_system folder generated by Qsys. This is true but why is there any confusion??? Quartus copied the file to the db folder itself. I started from a completely clean project folder with no db folder nor nois_system folder. Qsys generated the nios_system folder and the associated QIP file and Quartus generated the db folder with the nios_system.v file in it. What is wrong with these tools???

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Do you have the .qsys file included in your project files? If so, try removing it from the project files. I had the same problem and that sorted it. 

Mark.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Mark, 

Thank you so much for the help. You were right. I had the qsys file included in the project files. 

Greg
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Greg, 

Glad it worked and thanks for reporting back. It sure had me scratching my head for a long time and I found the solution accidentally. 

Mark.