Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Valued Contributor III

Qsys Pro Software Builder (.sopcinfo does not contain any CPU)

Okay, I'm obviously missing something important. 

I'm using Quartus Prime Pro for Arria 10. If I build a system in Qsys (non-Pro), everything seems to work fine. I can take the system through the Software Build Tools and simulation, no problem. 

However, if I take the identical project through Qsys Pro, again *mostly* everything seems to work fine. 

When I get to the Software Build Tools, I point to the .sopcinfo file and the tools tell me that ".sopcinfo does not contain any CPU". I can see the CPU information in the .sopcinfo file using a text editor. 

I suspect that the file format has changed and that there's a new way to build a simulation design for Qsys Pro. Unfortunately, Uncle Google couldn't seem to find it either. 

Does anybody have a pointer on how to make this happen? Thanks in advance for any pointers. 

Quartus Prime Pro: 16.0.2 Build 222 07/26/2016 SJ Pro Edition 

Qsys Pro (Beta) 16.0.2 Build 222 

Eclipse: Kepler Service Release 2, Build id: 20140224-0627 

Windows 10 Home
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor III

Are you using the software build tools from the Pro edition of Quartus? The Non-Pro software tools probably won't generate a system for the Arria 10. If you are using the Pro software tools, it looks like you found a bug in Qsys Pro (Beta). This needs to be reported to Altera.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor III

--- Quote Start ---  

Are you using the software build tools from the Pro edition of Quartus? The Non-Pro software tools probably won't generate a system for the Arria 10. If you are using the Pro software tools, it looks like you found a bug in Qsys Pro (Beta). This needs to be reported to Altera. 

--- Quote End ---  

Yep, it's all Quartus Prime Pro, Qsys Pro (beta). I have an SR on file on the topic. I'll update the forum with what we find.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor III

Did you click on "Sync All System Info" and regenerate your design again?

0 Kudos
Beginner

Was this issue resolved yet? since I am having the same problem now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I received the same message while creating a new project. It however, disappeared and was replace with "Project name is empty" within 10 minutes while I was googling the error message. Apparently it was still in the process of parsing the sopcinfo file.

0 Kudos