Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12408 Discussions

Qsys dual-clock FIFO reset error

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

I am trying to add a dual-clock on-chip FIFO memory to my system in Qsys. I am exporting the input data, clock, and reset so that I can tie it into my custom logic. I can get a single-clock design to work fine, but when I change it to dual-clock and try to build the project in Quartus, I get this error: 

Error (12002): Port "rdreset_n" does not exist in macrofunction "fifo_1" 

The read reset is tied to the clk_reset, as are all components in the Qsys tool. 

I have the clock, data, and write enable lines connected to my logic, and reset_n is tied to Vcc, same as the Nios reset_n. 

I am using Quartus II 11.1sp1
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Once I selected "Create status interface for output" as an option when configuring the FIFO, the build error went away.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

that sounds like a bug, if you could file it at http://mysupport.altera.com that would be helpful