Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12602 Discussions

Qsys problem with ArriaGX and DDR2 controller

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I have a Qsys design on ArriaGX which istantiates a couple of DDR2 SDRAM controllers with ALTMEMPHY. This design has been ported from SOPC Builder Version 10.11 Build 197, where it compiled without problems. 

Compilation stops with these errors: 

Error: Following WYSIWYG I/O primitives are not properly connected to top level pins 

Error: padio port of the bidir WYSIWYG I/O primitive "HSFC_NIOS:U9|HSFC_NIOS_ddr1:ddr1|HSFC_NIOS_ddr1_controller_phy:HSFC_NIOS_ddr1_controller_phy_inst|HSFC_NIOS_ddr1_phy:HSFC_NIOS_ddr1_phy_inst|HSFC_NIOS_ddr1_phy_alt_mem_phy:HSFC_NIOS_ddr1_phy_alt_mem_phy_inst|HSFC_NIOS_ddr1_phy_alt_mem_phy_clk_reset:clk|DDR_CLK_OUT[0].ddr_clk_out_p" is not directly connected to a top-level bidir pin 

Error: padio port of the bidir WYSIWYG I/O primitive "HSFC_NIOS:U9|HSFC_NIOS_ddr2:ddr2|HSFC_NIOS_ddr2_controller_phy:HSFC_NIOS_ddr2_controller_phy_inst|HSFC_NIOS_ddr2_phy:HSFC_NIOS_ddr2_phy_inst|HSFC_NIOS_ddr2_phy_alt_mem_phy:HSFC_NIOS_ddr2_phy_alt_mem_phy_inst|HSFC_NIOS_ddr2_phy_alt_mem_phy_clk_reset:clk|DDR_CLK_OUT[0].ddr_clk_out_p" is not directly connected to a top-level bidir pin 

Where HSFC_NIOS is the Qsys project name, while ddr1 and ddr2 are the controllers. 

Has anyone seen this before? 

Thanks in advance, 

Sergio
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I get the same problem with Quartus 11.1 sp2. Did you solve it?

0 Kudos