Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12421 Discussions

Qsys problem with ArriaGX and DDR2 controller

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I have a Qsys design on ArriaGX which istantiates a couple of DDR2 SDRAM controllers with ALTMEMPHY. This design has been ported from SOPC Builder Version 10.11 Build 197, where it compiled without problems. 

Compilation stops with these errors: 

Error: Following WYSIWYG I/O primitives are not properly connected to top level pins 

Error: padio port of the bidir WYSIWYG I/O primitive "HSFC_NIOS:U9|HSFC_NIOS_ddr1:ddr1|HSFC_NIOS_ddr1_controller_phy:HSFC_NIOS_ddr1_controller_phy_inst|HSFC_NIOS_ddr1_phy:HSFC_NIOS_ddr1_phy_inst|HSFC_NIOS_ddr1_phy_alt_mem_phy:HSFC_NIOS_ddr1_phy_alt_mem_phy_inst|HSFC_NIOS_ddr1_phy_alt_mem_phy_clk_reset:clk|DDR_CLK_OUT[0].ddr_clk_out_p" is not directly connected to a top-level bidir pin 

Error: padio port of the bidir WYSIWYG I/O primitive "HSFC_NIOS:U9|HSFC_NIOS_ddr2:ddr2|HSFC_NIOS_ddr2_controller_phy:HSFC_NIOS_ddr2_controller_phy_inst|HSFC_NIOS_ddr2_phy:HSFC_NIOS_ddr2_phy_inst|HSFC_NIOS_ddr2_phy_alt_mem_phy:HSFC_NIOS_ddr2_phy_alt_mem_phy_inst|HSFC_NIOS_ddr2_phy_alt_mem_phy_clk_reset:clk|DDR_CLK_OUT[0].ddr_clk_out_p" is not directly connected to a top-level bidir pin 

Where HSFC_NIOS is the Qsys project name, while ddr1 and ddr2 are the controllers. 

Has anyone seen this before? 

Thanks in advance, 

Sergio
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I get the same problem with Quartus 11.1 sp2. Did you solve it?