Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12419 Discussions

Quartus and NIOS launch in Ubuntu 12.04

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I have installed Quartus II 12.1sp1 on Ubuntu 12.04LTS.  

I was unable to launch Quartus from the Dash. I found it in the /home/username/altera/12.1sp1/quartus/bin folder. I now have to launch it from the terminal everytime I need to launch it. How can I add it to the Dash? 

Also, I am unable to launch NIOS II. I tried searching it in the home/username/altera/12.1sp1/nios2eds directory but cannot launch it. Getting the error: ./nios2-ide: 17: exec: /bin/eclipse/nios2-ide: not found 

How can I launch NIOS II? 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

1. This forum is about running Linux on Nios II, not running Quartus/Nios tools on Linux. 

2. You need to run /opt/altera/nios2eds/nios2_command_shell.sh to set up the environment, including your PATH to run nios2 tools. 

3. nios2-ide was been replaced by eclipse-nios2 about 3 years ago.