Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Question about PIO

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have a nios system which interfaces an ADC through Qsys.I have about 20 no:s of PIO's configured for this. 

16 PIOs for the databus from ADC,one for Chip select,one for adc reset,two for SOC of adc.when i create all the pio's its always showing the problem in nios that its not able to download the .elf file.If i reduce the no: of PIO's by 19,then i can download the program to nios.What can be the reason for this?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I have a nios system which interfaces an ADC through Qsys.I have about 20 no:s of PIO's configured for this. 

16 PIOs for the databus from ADC,one for Chip select,one for adc reset,two for SOC of adc.when i create all the pio's its always showing the problem in nios that its not able to download the .elf file.If i reduce the no: of PIO's by 19,then i can download the program to nios.What can be the reason for this? 

--- Quote End ---  

Which PIO are you removing? Does the error go away if you remove anyone of the PIO's, or is it just specific to a certain one? If the problem is fixed by removing a PIO from lets say your adc reset, then you can point back to that as your issue.  

Can you post the error message(s) you are receiving?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You may try to increase the memory size that use to store the software image.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have increased the onhip memory size.but still the same problem persists.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If i remove the Chip select pin of ADC,i can download the code. What is the reason for that?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you identified that the chip select was the issue, you can trace down any connectivity issue on the board.

0 Kudos