Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Question about PIO

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have a nios system which interfaces an ADC through Qsys.I have about 20 no:s of PIO's configured for this. 

16 PIOs for the databus from ADC,one for Chip select,one for adc reset,two for SOC of adc.when i create all the pio's its always showing the problem in nios that its not able to download the .elf file.If i reduce the no: of PIO's by 19,then i can download the program to nios.What can be the reason for this?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I have a nios system which interfaces an ADC through Qsys.I have about 20 no:s of PIO's configured for this. 

16 PIOs for the databus from ADC,one for Chip select,one for adc reset,two for SOC of adc.when i create all the pio's its always showing the problem in nios that its not able to download the .elf file.If i reduce the no: of PIO's by 19,then i can download the program to nios.What can be the reason for this? 

--- Quote End ---  

Which PIO are you removing? Does the error go away if you remove anyone of the PIO's, or is it just specific to a certain one? If the problem is fixed by removing a PIO from lets say your adc reset, then you can point back to that as your issue.  

Can you post the error message(s) you are receiving?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You may try to increase the memory size that use to store the software image.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have increased the onhip memory size.but still the same problem persists.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If i remove the Chip select pin of ADC,i can download the code. What is the reason for that?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you identified that the chip select was the issue, you can trace down any connectivity issue on the board.