Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

RSA Public/Private Key Cryptography

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm working on a project with a Cyclone IV, using Micrium uC/OS-II and part of this process involves RSA Public/Private Key Cryptography. 

Basically I have an encrypted message (128-bit RSA) that needs to be decrypted by our device using a Private Key and then I have to parse the message. I have implemented CyaSSL(yassl.com) inside of my software to do the decryption and it works. The only problem is that it takes approximately 3 seconds to perform the decryption. Unfortunately, this is far too long for the solution that this is being used for. 

I am new to the world of embedded, so much of this is foreign to me.... I was told to look for an IP Core supports RSA Private Key decryption. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction? Thanks! :)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Try opencores.org.. They may have an fpga implementation. The way you are doing it is basically building a CPU core to handle it. 

In the FPGA you have build specific hardware core to dramatically speed up the processing. 

Pete
0 Kudos