Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

Relative path of Nios II project.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi. I have a problem. I was creating some project, and set some path for it (for example: C:\Projects\Dir1\Prj). I wrote the program, compiled it, and made an absolutely operational project. But now I need to change the folder name for my project (for example to: C:\Projects\Dir2\Prj). And when I rename this folder, and try to open this project – Nios II indicates an error “Could not open the editor: Project: Prj is closed or inaccessible” (It searches the project following the old path “C:\Projects\Dir1\Prj” and, of course, can’t find it.  

Question: how can I make some project with a possibility to change name of any folder in the path? Or at the worst, how can I change the path in a project to a new one?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

There is no easy way. I always put Nios II projects in C:\AlteraWork\project1 

The Nios II tools always track the absolute path. Either the application or BSP or BOTH
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, I think it’s one of the biggest problems of Nios II. I wonder whether Altera will fix this gap in the future.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This would be a very good feature for them to incorporate in both Eclipse and Quartus II. I'm working on a small team of only 3 developers and it's a hassle to force all of us to maintain our local paths with each other.  

I even went into some of the tcl files and typed in the relative paths by hand. It works... it compiles and runs without a problem. But as soon as you re-generate with QSys, it overwrites the relative paths with absolute paths again.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

so, this problem has not been solved yet, has it?

0 Kudos