Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12437 Discussions

Relative path of Nios II project.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi. I have a problem. I was creating some project, and set some path for it (for example: C:\Projects\Dir1\Prj). I wrote the program, compiled it, and made an absolutely operational project. But now I need to change the folder name for my project (for example to: C:\Projects\Dir2\Prj). And when I rename this folder, and try to open this project – Nios II indicates an error “Could not open the editor: Project: Prj is closed or inaccessible” (It searches the project following the old path “C:\Projects\Dir1\Prj” and, of course, can’t find it.  

Question: how can I make some project with a possibility to change name of any folder in the path? Or at the worst, how can I change the path in a project to a new one?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

There is no easy way. I always put Nios II projects in C:\AlteraWork\project1 

The Nios II tools always track the absolute path. Either the application or BSP or BOTH
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, I think it’s one of the biggest problems of Nios II. I wonder whether Altera will fix this gap in the future.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This would be a very good feature for them to incorporate in both Eclipse and Quartus II. I'm working on a small team of only 3 developers and it's a hassle to force all of us to maintain our local paths with each other.  

I even went into some of the tcl files and typed in the relative paths by hand. It works... it compiles and runs without a problem. But as soon as you re-generate with QSys, it overwrites the relative paths with absolute paths again.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

so, this problem has not been solved yet, has it?