Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Replace the .sopcinfo file with a new one and regenerate BSP ... possible ?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I'm trying to compare different different versions of the same system. 

I envisage the following approach: 

1. Make modifications in qsys and save new system as system1.qsys (let say that original was system.qsys

2. Generate new design in qsys ... new file system1.socpinfo is created 

3. Change instantiation of the new system1 in a top-level module, i.e. system U0 becomes system1 U0. 

4. Compile new design 

5. Program board with new .sof 

6. And at this step (when passing to Eclipse), the problem arises ... how to specify new .socpinfo and regenerate bsp 

Probably step 6 is merely unrealizable and one should create new bsp and specify it in application ? 

Does exist a straightforward approach for evaluation of different versions of qsys system ? 

Thanks in advance ?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Probably the best approach to test different versions of qsys design is as follows: 

1. Generate new .qsys (also generates new .socpinfo

2. Add this new .qsys to design and remove the previous one 

3. Instantiate this new .qsys in the top module (also comment the previous one ... and optionnally modify port list) 

4. Compile design in Quartus 

5. Program board with newly generated .sof 

6. In Eclipse: generate new bsp based on new .socpinfo 

7. In Eclipse: specify new bsp in application properties 

8. In Eclipse: rebuild application ... and run it on board 

So, afterwards, when one needs to switch to a different configuration (already built), it should iterate trough steps 2 ... 8

Am I correct ?
0 Kudos