Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Routing HPS gpio to an LED in FPGA region

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

Is it possible to route an HPS gpio to an LED in FPGA region in arria 10 soc development kit? 

If possible please give information to do the same as I couldn't find settings to route HPS gpio  

to FPGA. Thank you.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I assume you mean you want to expose the interface of the HPS GPIO controller to the FPGA fabric, and then connect an FPGA pin to be directly toggled by the GPIO. As far as I know, you can't do this for Arria 10 (this can be done in Cyclone V). 

One way to overcome this is to generate an PIO IP in the FPGA, and connect that IP to the LWH2F bridge. The drivers (linux and baremetal) for this IP is readily available.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for your reply. Are there LEDs on HPS which can be toggled by HPS GPIO or any other interface?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The Arria 10 SoC development kit has 4 HPS LEDs that can be toggled by the GPIO controller (Pin B4, B5, E6, D6) 

https://www.altera.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_us/pdfs/literature/ug/ug-a10-soc-devkit.pdf
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you ..

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

I have a further question. There is no direct settings I can do to map HPS GPIO to particulart HPS LED on arria 10 soc development kit. So can I modify the .qsf file? or is there any other way which I can go for.
0 Kudos