Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12419 Discussions

Run NiosII program in command line + hostfs

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I'm running a program in NiosII that read and write files in my host PC. For that I'm using the NIOSII IDE. 

As I have to repeat this running several times, i'd like to make this run full automatic so I don't need to enter in the graphical mode every time.  

For that i'm having a problem in trying to run niosII program because using the command line, i'm not being able to mount the hostFS. Does anybody know how can I do that? 

So far, my script to program FPGA + run NIOSII project has the following steps: 

1- Program FPGA 

>> quartus_pgm -c "<usb-blaster name>" <file.cdf> 

2- Build nios project: 

>> nios2-build-project --projectName=<projectName> 

3- Configure Nios 

>> nios2-configure-sof <sof_file.sof> && nios2-download -g <file.elf>  

4.1- Open Nios terminal to check output of running program (in one linux terminal) 

>> nios2-terminal 

4.2- Run program in Debug mode (required for hostFS to work) -- in another linux terminal 

>> nios2-debug <file.elf> 

Once again, following this steps I cannot access the file to read and write because I think hostFS is not mounted on /mnt/host 

Using IDE the program works fine. 

I'm using quartus + Nios2-IDE version 10.1 

regards,
0 Kudos
0 Replies