Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12409 Discussions

Running code on a specific card

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

here's my problem: 

I have a design in Quartus II integrating a Nios II cpu and everything is fine when running a simple template. 

Now I have another board connecting with a USB cable. When this second board is connected, my Altera board is going from USB-Blaster [USB-0] to USB-Blaster [USB-2] (I can see that in the programmer) and Eclipse is telling there are errors when trying to run the software. 

Can anyone tell me what I can do?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Is the second board exactly the same as the working one?  

If you are trying to run the same Nios design on a different hardware configuration, you need to recompile the design. 

Please describe better the problem: what's the error message? Do you get it when loading Nios firmware or when you configure the fpga?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

No, the second board is not the same but I've found a solution: when the "Create, manage and run configurations" window opens, go in the "Target Connection" tab and click on the "Refresh Connections" button.