Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

SD Card Fat16 not recognized - up sdcard interface

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

when I try to start the university test program in Eclipse, it says that the sdcard is inserted but the File System is unkown. I tried with different sdcards but the problem remains. I tried to debugging and I found where the problem is. Please check the code for the red line. This is the part where the program returns result = false, and I get the message "Unknown File System". I don't really know what I should try now. Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance. Please aks me if you need further information. 

Information SD-Card: 

sdcard 256 mb - FAT16 format - tried with 4kb, 8kb, 16kb cluster size 

Information about the SoPC: 

Avalon_UP_SD_Card_Interface_0 component is connected to: 

avalon_slave_0 to cpu.data_master 

clock_sink to pll.c0 (pll.co = 50 MHz) 

clock_sink_reset to pll.requestreset 

conduit_end is wired to nothing 

bool Check_for_Master_Boot_Record(void) // This function reads the first 512 bytes on the SD Card. This data should // contain the Master Boot Record. If it does, then print // relevant information and return true. Otherwise, return false. { bool result = false; int index; int end, offset, partition_size; /* Load the first 512 bytes of data from SD card. */ if (Read_Sector_Data(0, 0)) { end = (*((volatile short int *)SD_CARD_BUFFER(device_pointer->base, 0x1fe))); // Check if the end of the sector contains an end string 0xaa55. if ((end & 0x0000ffff) == 0x0000aa55) { // Check four partition entries and see if any are valid for (index = 0; index < 4; index++) { int partition_data_offset = (index * 16) + 0x01be; char type; // Read Partition type type = (*((volatile unsigned char *)SD_CARD_BUFFER(device_pointer->base, partition_data_offset + 0x04))); // Check if this is an FAT parition // This is where the program can't find any type of those below if ((type == 1) || (type == 4) || (type == 6) || (type == 14)) { // Get partition offset and size. offset = ((*((unsigned short int *)SD_CARD_BUFFER(device_pointer->base, partition_data_offset + 0x0A))) << 16) | (*((unsigned short int *)SD_CARD_BUFFER(device_pointer->base, partition_data_offset + 0x08))); partition_size = ((*((unsigned short int *)SD_CARD_BUFFER(device_pointer->base, partition_data_offset + 0x0E))) << 16) | (*((unsigned short int *)SD_CARD_BUFFER(device_pointer->base, partition_data_offset + 0x0C))); // Check if the partition is valid if (partition_size > 0) { result = true; fat_partition_size_in_512_byte_sectors = partition_size; fat_partition_offset_in_512_byte_sectors = offset; break; } } } } } return result; }
0 Kudos
0 Replies