Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12596 Discussions

SOPC Make Script and bsp-editor

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've been making a bash script to generate all the SOPC information without any other involvement (see attached). I was wondering if anyone knows of any command-line options to run bsp-editor without the GUI? That and needing to create a *.cof file for conversion using a GUI is really frustrating. 

I'd love to hear any thoughts.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

do you make to do this? run bsp-editor without the gui. interesting initiatives!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

do you make to do this? run bsp-editor without the gui. interesting initiatives! 

--- Quote End ---  

Nope, just run the script (it's for Linux). I haven't made a windows batch version yet, but if someone really needs it, it really wouldn't be too difficult. I wish I knew HOW to run the bsp-editor without the GUI....there's no reason we shouldn't be able to though.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Nope, just run the script (it's for Linux). I haven't made a windows batch version yet, but if someone really needs it, it really wouldn't be too difficult. I wish I knew HOW to run the bsp-editor without the GUI....there's no reason we shouldn't be able to though. 

--- Quote End ---  

Slight correction, actually. You'll need to add the correct XML files and paths to the script. I didn't put them in to the script as command-line options, so the script is hard-coded to use mine.
0 Kudos