Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12452 Discussions

SOPC Make Script and bsp-editor

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've been making a bash script to generate all the SOPC information without any other involvement (see attached). I was wondering if anyone knows of any command-line options to run bsp-editor without the GUI? That and needing to create a *.cof file for conversion using a GUI is really frustrating. 

I'd love to hear any thoughts.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

do you make to do this? run bsp-editor without the gui. interesting initiatives!

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

do you make to do this? run bsp-editor without the gui. interesting initiatives! 

--- Quote End ---  

Nope, just run the script (it's for Linux). I haven't made a windows batch version yet, but if someone really needs it, it really wouldn't be too difficult. I wish I knew HOW to run the bsp-editor without the GUI....there's no reason we shouldn't be able to though.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Nope, just run the script (it's for Linux). I haven't made a windows batch version yet, but if someone really needs it, it really wouldn't be too difficult. I wish I knew HOW to run the bsp-editor without the GUI....there's no reason we shouldn't be able to though. 

--- Quote End ---  

Slight correction, actually. You'll need to add the correct XML files and paths to the script. I didn't put them in to the script as command-line options, so the script is hard-coded to use mine.